Join discussions on moving to and living in the USVI, ask questions, share info & tips! (Vacationing? Visit Travel Message Board)

Hull Bay

Carrie J
March 29, 2007 03:42PM

Do a lot of surfers live near Hull Bay?

Do you think any would consider giving me some lessons, what if I paid by the hour?

Re: Hull Bay

STT Resident
March 29, 2007 11:47PM

You'd have to be there to catch them, This is by no means a surfer's paradise and "surf's up" depends very much upon the weather and swells on any particular day. Go down to Hull Bay Hideaway and ask the guys there. Doubt anyone would ask for or expect any money but if they're willing to give you some help, buy them a couple of beers! Cheers, and have fun!

SuzanneB
March 30, 2007 12:31PM

A guy by the name of 'Web' has been known to give lessons---he is a morning DJ on one of the local rock stations.

Matt T
March 30, 2007 09:57PM

I live right around the corner from Hull Bay and could give lessons shoot me a pm.

Islander
March 31, 2007 01:25AM

Admin

Hello,

Last I checked the dive/watersports booth at Hull Bay rented surf boards. Perhaps they might have some leads for you as far as surf lessons.

--Islander

agv
April 02, 2007 01:42PM

Hull Bay has some nice breaks some days other days its super calm.

you could call the buzz in the morning 340-776-1043 - - but web will talk to you on the radio.

Go to Hull Bay Hideaway - local surfers are always there - (some cute) (some not so cute).

[www.myspace.com] or www.myspace.com/hullbayhideaway

I love Hull Bay - they have beach volleyball on weekends.

Carrie J
April 02, 2007 02:06PM

I'm pretty sure that being somewhat introverted I don't have much of an interest in hearing myself on the radio.

I'll probably just take your advice: hang out on the beach and until a super handsome surfer walks by then...pounce.

agv
April 02, 2007 02:16PM

i agree .....

pouncing sounds fun! want some company?

Carrie J
April 02, 2007 02:20PM

Yep - sure do. You tackle him and I'll pin him down, or vice versa whichever you prefer.

I probably will not move to STT until October, I work in corporate business planning. So, of course, I like everything SUPER planned (and with plenty of money saved too).

agv
April 02, 2007 02:34PM

When you get here. PM me. Cute surfer pouncing sounds like great afternoon.

Matt T
April 02, 2007 02:47PM

Hey, wow. Let me know when you plan on doing some pouncing so I can make sure I at de beach. I am one of the better looking surfers.

agv
April 02, 2007 03:56PM

better looking surfers rock!

Carrie J
April 02, 2007 04:29PM

Matt,
By "better looking", do you mean tall, dark and handsome? 'Cause that's what it means to me.

Matt T
April 02, 2007 06:41PM

Exactly- cept the sun having somethin to say about the dark (hair) part

Carrie J
April 03, 2007 02:55PM

Matt,
I did meet a surfer who lives in Hull Bay: only he was short, with blond hair and only about half handsome...not really my type.
So I definitely will look forward to some lessons from you.

Join the discussion. Click the button below to Login or Register now!

Click here to login

• Blue Ocean Transport

Moving to the U.S. Virgin Islands?

Settlers Handbook
Only $17.95

The Settlers Handbook for the U.S. Virgin Islands is your guide to moving to St. Croix, St. Thomas, St. John and Water Island.

The current 18th Edition, released in January 2016, will help you explore your dream of island living. A solid reference book, it was first published in 1975. That's 40 years of helping people move to the islands. A must read. Order today.

Order Today

Advertise

Join VIMovingCenter.com Today!

Tell prospective and current residents about your business.

Learn More →

Sister Sites

VITraders

USVI Books & Souvenirs

VInow

USVI Vacation Guide

Living in de V.I.

USVI Relocation DVD

Proud Supporter

VI Olympic Team

For over 45 years, the Virgin Islands has celebrated the Olympic tradition by sending our athletes to compete.

Learn More →