Join discussions on moving to and living in the USVI, ask questions, share info & tips! (Vacationing? Visit Travel Message Board)

Multiple use Internet and TV

Juanita
April 06, 2007 08:49PM

A while back, there was a thread about high speed internet, DSL vs. BroadBand vs.Satellite, etc. etc. I have searched that thread and must confess, it is above my head. In lay terms, I have a house and several apartments spread out on 1.6 acres on St. Croix, Estate St. John. I want to have a central system to provide internet (wireless, high speed, whatever) and TV (cable?, satellite? whatever will provide a decent amount of channels). I am not sure where to start. I can call the companies in the Yellow Pages, etc., but what I don't want to happen is to spend a lot of money to set something up and then have someone say "all you had to do was....................."

Who provides Internet and TV? There must be someone who puts up a central "dish" and feeds both services to multiple units. If you don't mind revisiting this topic in a "k i s s" format, I would greatly appreciate it.

Happy Easter to all! J.

Join the discussion. Click the button below to Login or Register now!

Click here to login

• Blue Ocean Transport

Moving to the U.S. Virgin Islands?

Settlers Handbook
Only $17.95

The Settlers Handbook for the U.S. Virgin Islands is your guide to moving to St. Croix, St. Thomas, St. John and Water Island.

The current 18th Edition, released in January 2016, will help you explore your dream of island living. A solid reference book, it was first published in 1975. That's 40 years of helping people move to the islands. A must read. Order today.

Order Today

Advertise

Join VIMovingCenter.com Today!

Tell prospective and current residents about your business.

Learn More →

Sister Sites

VITraders

USVI Books & Souvenirs

VInow

USVI Vacation Guide

Living in de V.I.

USVI Relocation DVD

Proud Supporter

VI Olympic Team

For over 45 years, the Virgin Islands has celebrated the Olympic tradition by sending our athletes to compete.

Learn More →