Join discussions on moving to and living in the USVI, ask questions, share info & tips! (Vacationing? Visit Travel Message Board)

Daycare? Nanny?

April 17, 2007 06:24PM

Hey there, I was going through posts and saw some of you looking for daycare...I was wondering what the going rate is? I am a certified professional nanny and I currently run a home based daycare in Ohio. We would love to move to the islands...I am currently booked to interview as a nanny on STT but if that doesn't pan out I would LOVE to give home based daycare a go in the islands...Does anybody think it would work out? What is the daily rate for daycare in the islands? And does anybody know if there are any to how many you can watch? I know in Ohio its 6 kids per one adult. I also thought about running playgroups from home...or Kindermusic.....Any thoughts on anything would be FANTASTIC! thanks!

Re: Daycare? Nanny?

April 18, 2007 11:56AM

Most daycares here do not have daily rates - in fact I have never heard of any. I pay 85 a week whether she attends or doesn't attend. I would love a daily rate day care. My daughter goes to daycare on most weeks one or two days. But some weeks she doesn't go at all.

I would love a kindermusic here. I think many of the other mommies would love it too.

Good Luck and keep us updated!

April 18, 2007 12:00PM

If you come here and start a Kindermusic you will absolutely have particpants, including my daughter!

April 20, 2007 01:11PM

Huge demand for great childcare on the island! We thought about opening a daycare similar to stateside while we were on STT, but we moved off island....Starting the process of a business there is quite interesting I have heard, but lots have done it and are successful...good luck!

Join the discussion. Click the button below to Login or Register now!

Click here to login

• Blue Ocean Transport

Moving to the U.S. Virgin Islands?

Settlers Handbook
Only $17.95

The Settlers Handbook for the U.S. Virgin Islands is your guide to moving to St. Croix, St. Thomas, St. John and Water Island.

The current 18th Edition, released in January 2016, will help you explore your dream of island living. A solid reference book, it was first published in 1975. That's 40 years of helping people move to the islands. A must read. Order today.

Order Today

Join Today!

Tell prospective and current residents about your business.

Learn More →

Sister Sites

USVI Books & Souvenirs

USVI Vacation Guide

Living in de V.I.

USVI Relocation DVD

Proud Supporter

VI Olympic Team

For over 45 years, the Virgin Islands has celebrated the Olympic tradition by sending our athletes to compete.

Learn More →