Join discussions on moving to and living in the USVI, ask questions, share info & tips! (Vacationing? Visit Travel Message Board)

Car for Rent STX

brinni
October 26, 2011 07:24PM

2007 Chevy Aveo 4-door, A/C, Runs great, Great gas mileage, Big trunk (I've had as many as 4 surfboards in it at once)

For rent starting November 16, 2011. Length of contract negotiable. $500/month (this is more affordable than the other car rental companies) with first & last month deposit up front. Currently, the vehicle is being rented by a travelling nurse whose contract is up mid-November.

This is a GREAT opportunity for SEASONAL RESIDENTS: restaurant industry, travelling nurses, snowbirds, divers, triathletes, etc! No need to buy an unreliable, over-priced "island car" and deal with selling it - you can rent mine and give it back when it's time to go home!

I am a STX resident who is off island for the winter. Island references appreciated.

Private message me for more information! Thanks!

Re: Car for Rent STX

JamAM007
November 25, 2011 01:01PM

Sent you a PM. You can also email me at jamam007@gmail.com

flypelican
November 26, 2011 04:55PM

I am interested. I have Hovensa worker and tenant looking for a month to month rental. Reliable renter.

Devin( 270) 556-7323

He's on island and ready to rent.
Thank you

cardanne
December 09, 2011 01:38PM

Hi, i'm interested in doing the same, renting my car while off island, but totally unfamiliar with the procedure! I wonder and "worry" about insurance though, could you tell me how it works? thank you, anne c.

belggium
December 09, 2011 02:26PM

if the car is still for rent i am interested
please let me know
belggium@aol.com
803-270-7124
thanks

Linda J
December 09, 2011 04:27PM

My understanding is that your personal car insurance will not cover if you rent your vehicle.

jaxstcroixcondo
December 09, 2011 07:42PM

Maybe interested from 31 March-28 April 2012. Email boodus83@yahoo.com

OldTart
December 10, 2011 07:52AM

OP, if you've looked into all the pitfalls and have found a way to make it work for you, it would be interesting to know the details. A friend of mine did something similar a while back when he let someone he thought he knew well enough rent a vehicle in similar circumstances. It turned out to be an unmitigated disaster. He never did get all the rental fees and ended up with a badly damaged vehicle which he basically had to dump. surprised

Join the discussion. Click the button below to Login or Register now!

Click here to login

• Blue Ocean Transport

Moving to the U.S. Virgin Islands?

Settlers Handbook
Only $17.95

The Settlers Handbook for the U.S. Virgin Islands is your guide to moving to St. Croix, St. Thomas, St. John and Water Island.

The current 18th Edition, released in January 2016, will help you explore your dream of island living. A solid reference book, it was first published in 1975. That's 40 years of helping people move to the islands. A must read. Order today.

Order Today

Advertise

Join VIMovingCenter.com Today!

Tell prospective and current residents about your business.

Learn More →

Sister Sites

VITraders

USVI Books & Souvenirs

VInow

USVI Vacation Guide

Living in de V.I.

USVI Relocation DVD

Proud Supporter

VI Olympic Team

For over 45 years, the Virgin Islands has celebrated the Olympic tradition by sending our athletes to compete.

Learn More →