Join discussions on moving to and living in the USVI, ask questions, share info & tips! (Vacationing? Visit Travel Message Board)

RELOCATING FROM NEW YORK>>

Islandgirl101
March 24, 2017 09:59PM

Can anyone recommend some inexpensive extended stays while I look for an apartment or listings with rentals or someone who can assist me when I arrive?

Thank You!!

Re: RELOCATING FROM NEW YORK>>

rosesisland
March 25, 2017 05:43AM

Which island?

sjointer
March 25, 2017 12:50PM

I'm in the same boat, sort of. The suggestion I have is to look for a renter's agent. Most real estate agents double as a renter's agent because they hope you will come back to them when it's time to purchase a home.

Sauceress
March 26, 2017 09:44AM

Karen@calabashrealtors.com will find something for you on St. Croix

captpete
March 27, 2017 01:29PM

On St Croix...you can get a really nice, clean and friendly place at Villa Morales.
They have a small but clean motel like apartment system...I believe rates start about 40 per nite without air conditioning, 50 with...nice restaurant there too...open Wednesday to Saturday...
Have had friends stay there and loved it

kitten mcfluff
March 31, 2017 08:29AM

Hello and congratulations on your decision to move to paradise! If you are looking to move to St. Croix, I have a lovely studio apartment located just outside of Frederiksted town - down the road from Freedom City Surf Shop. It's been completely remodeled - quiet, clean, new appliances, full kitchen, nicely furnished. I'm in the process of getting everything setup on VRBO and airbnb; however, please feel free to email me for details in the meantime - nancyzimmerman@hotmail.com. Best of luck with your move! Cheers, Nancy

kakalee
April 03, 2017 12:06PM

Airbnb is a good option because many of the hosts can be very helpful.

kjny0276
August 12, 2017 01:51PM

Experienced 20+ years as Property caretaker & Construction Handyman for very prominent families in the NYC & state area(Manhattan, Long Island, Upstate). 4 to 85 acre estates. My family and I are relocating to St.Croix, USVI in the next few weeks and I am seeking full/part time employment. I have vast experience & knowledge in the following: Large Property maintenance, Carpentry, Masonry/Concrete, Electrical, Plumbing, CCTV security surveillance installation & troubleshooting, Landscaping, Mechanically inclined, very computer literate(Microsoft office, AutoCAD), Professional communication skills both written & verbal, Pool/Jacuzzi maintenance, Lawn sprinkler installation/maintenance, Glazing, Renovations, Alterations, Remodeling, additions. I have own vehicle and all necessary hand/power tools & equipment. All-around Construction Handyman for all your property maintenance needs. Salary very negotiable/open. Please Reply!

Professional resume available.
Professional reference letters available.

Email: kjny0276@gmail.com LinkedIn: search, Kris Jezior Cell: (917)704-6111

stonegardencottage@gmail.com
August 28, 2017 11:06AM

If you're still looking, I have a vacation home available to rent long term thru Dec. 1st - furnished, pets ok, in Coral Bay St. John. The Upper Level is open and perfect for couples or families.

www.stonegardencottage.com

Join the discussion. Click the button below to Login or Register now!

Click here to login

• Blue Ocean Transport

Moving to the U.S. Virgin Islands?

Settlers Handbook
Only $17.95

The Settlers Handbook for the U.S. Virgin Islands is your guide to moving to St. Croix, St. Thomas, St. John and Water Island.

The current 18th Edition, released in January 2016, will help you explore your dream of island living. A solid reference book, it was first published in 1975. That's 40 years of helping people move to the islands. A must read. Order today.

Order Today

Advertise

Join VIMovingCenter.com Today!

Tell prospective and current residents about your business.

Learn More →

Sister Sites

VITraders

USVI Books & Souvenirs

VInow

USVI Vacation Guide

Living in de V.I.

USVI Relocation DVD

Proud Supporter

VI Olympic Team

For over 45 years, the Virgin Islands has celebrated the Olympic tradition by sending our athletes to compete.

Learn More →