Join discussions on moving to and living in the USVI, ask questions, share info & tips! (Vacationing? Visit Travel Message Board)

looking for a place to rent on STX

Brian Graves
May 16, 2006 09:06PM

My girlfriend and I are moving to St. Croix on July 1st and haven't had any luck finding places to rent through realtors. They say that there's nothing available, but while we were there in April, we saw lots of places for rent in the paper. We're looking for a place for 3, 6, or 12 months that preferably allows dogs and we can spend up to $1,000 a month on rent. We're not very picky but we're getting a little nervous with the move approaching so quickly. Can anybody help??? We have great references, can come up with a quick deposit, and have employment on the island already if that helps.

Re: looking for a place to rent on STX

Linda from Michigan
May 16, 2006 09:53PM

The 3 bed/2 bath above me is available - $1000/mo. Just outside Christiansted. Quiet neighborhood. PM me or call me 340-719-6418 or daytime 340-712-2131 @work.

Linda J
May 17, 2006 07:02AM

And I know a place farther west, on the North Shore. 2 BR, 1 BA. PM me if you're interested in the phone number of the owner. This is the cottage that Laurenolivia lived in. I think the rent will be around $800 plus utilites. Where will you be working? This location will be better for someone working west of C'sted.

Linda J
May 17, 2006 07:05AM

Please don't commit to anyplace before you get here. What seems fine to me might be AWFUL for you. Line up 2-3 places and take a look at them when you get here. Then decide.

May 19, 2006 11:13AM

Refer to our posting regarding apartment in Csted. Okay for small dog.

Join the discussion. Click the button below to Login or Register now!

Click here to login

• Blue Ocean Transport

Moving to the U.S. Virgin Islands?

Settlers Handbook
Only $17.95

The Settlers Handbook for the U.S. Virgin Islands is your guide to moving to St. Croix, St. Thomas, St. John and Water Island.

The current 18th Edition, released in January 2016, will help you explore your dream of island living. A solid reference book, it was first published in 1975. That's 40 years of helping people move to the islands. A must read. Order today.

Order Today

Join Today!

Tell prospective and current residents about your business.

Learn More →

Sister Sites

USVI Books & Souvenirs

USVI Vacation Guide

Living in de V.I.

USVI Relocation DVD

Proud Supporter

VI Olympic Team

For over 45 years, the Virgin Islands has celebrated the Olympic tradition by sending our athletes to compete.

Learn More →