Join discussions on moving to and living in the USVI, ask questions, share info & tips! (Vacationing? Visit Travel Message Board)

Re: Sunscreen with Oxybenzone Dangerous to Corals

crazyflamingo
October 29, 2015 07:22PM

Spartygrad95
Gluten free and vegan sunscreen? Umm ok.

Yeah, I know it sounds kinda silly. I don't usually seek out products that are either of those. This particular one just happens to be that and works for my super sensitive skin. But if you are someone who has a severe case of celiacs disease, then using gluten free lotions, cosmetics, etc is extremely important because the gluten can be absorbed through your skin and you can have a reaction from it.

JohnnyU, yes it is GMO free as well.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/29/2015 07:28PM by crazyflamingo.

Spartygrad95
October 29, 2015 07:24PM

2% or less of population are actual celiac's. If you are, I understand, the need, because I actually knew a baker who was a celiac and just working with flour was awful for him.

CruzanIron
October 29, 2015 09:02PM

I was thinking of moving to the VI but I have a question that I can't find an answer to in the archives. What kind of suntan lotion should I use if I move there? And what kind of paint do you use on your houses? Are incandescent light bulbs legal there?

Alana33
October 29, 2015 11:04PM

You should use sunscreen that doesn't have Oxybenzone, of course.
You should use mildew resistant paint in your favourite shade of flamingos pink and no, incandescent bulbs are not legal here as they have been phased since in 2014. Regulations would allow sale of future versions of incandescent bulbs if they are sufficiently energy efficient.

So come on down and enjoy the mosquitoes.

Join the discussion. Click the button below to Login or Register now!

Click here to login

• Blue Ocean Transport

Moving to the U.S. Virgin Islands?

Settlers Handbook
Only $17.95

The Settlers Handbook for the U.S. Virgin Islands is your guide to moving to St. Croix, St. Thomas, St. John and Water Island.

The current 18th Edition, released in January 2016, will help you explore your dream of island living. A solid reference book, it was first published in 1975. That's 40 years of helping people move to the islands. A must read. Order today.

Order Today

Advertise

Join VIMovingCenter.com Today!

Tell prospective and current residents about your business.

Learn More →

Sister Sites

VITraders

USVI Books & Souvenirs

VInow

USVI Vacation Guide

Living in de V.I.

USVI Relocation DVD

Proud Supporter

VI Olympic Team

For over 45 years, the Virgin Islands has celebrated the Olympic tradition by sending our athletes to compete.

Learn More →