Join discussions on moving to and living in the USVI, ask questions, share info & tips! (Vacationing? Visit Travel Message Board)

Re: Most Popular Tea Bags Contain ILLEGAL Amounts of Deadly Pesticides

Alana33
August 23, 2016 02:28PM

CruzanIron
August 23, 2016 02:44PM

Alana33
I understand CI.
However, can you prove that the most popular Tea Bags don't contain illegal amounts of pesticides or that the article is incorrect? I'd imagine that they would be open to a huge lawsuit by the companies named in their article, if it was false and at the very least have to issue a retraction.

By that logic, can you prove that God does not exist?

I can prove that by not citing sources and giving any scientifically verifiable evidence, what they state is no better than an opinion. I am a scientist. I expect facts. I want to know what volume of a poison is harmful, and what level was found in the tea. Without that information, the story is a waste of time to read.

Think of it as a submission by a student towards his Masters or Doctorate degree. Would YOU give the story a passing grade?

Everyone says Manmade Global Warming is true because a consensus of scientists say it is. Where are the facts and the consensus in the story that you posted?

Ever sue someone with no money? They can say and do anything they want without fear or fact.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/23/2016 02:45PM by CruzanIron.

Alana33
August 23, 2016 02:57PM

So you didn't like the post?
So sorry.

Spartygrad95
August 23, 2016 03:08PM

Goalposts moved.. check
Troll accusations... check
Uncited literature... check
Appeal to.authority.. check

Woo BINGO!!!!!

islandjoan
August 23, 2016 03:12PM

For crying out loud, people! Alana was just sharing a link!

Stop the crucifying and let's move on life is too short!

OldTart
August 23, 2016 03:14PM

Alana33
So sorry.

Another pithy retort in a long line of them which only indicates that forum discussion is way outside your realm of understanding and that anybody who questions your cut and pastes can expect zero answers and zero discussion on any subject.

Not even popcorn-worthy even if I were a popcorn eater which I'm not. No doubt that popcorn is chock full of nasties hazardous to my health anyway ...

CruzanIron
August 23, 2016 03:18PM

CATS CAUSE CANCER!!!

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

OldTart
August 23, 2016 03:18PM

islandjoan
For crying out loud, people! Alana was just sharing a link!

Stop the crucifying and let's move on life is too short!

And the information in the link was simply challenged and questioned. No crucifying, no "crying out loud" - simple questions asking for simple answers which weren't forthcoming and were "answered" with inconsequential and irrelevant quips.

OldTart
August 23, 2016 03:28PM

CruzanIron
CATS CAUSE CANCER!!!

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

OH NO! I must now get rid of my three along with the fourth who showed up a couple of weeks ago and JUST got checked out, neutered, etc. Heavens to Betsy! No WONDER I can't figure out the logic behind these cut and paste articles - I have a monstrous brain tumor wreaking havoc on my cognitive reasoning. Yikes!

islandjoan
August 23, 2016 03:33PM

OK perhaps crucifying is not the best term for what is taking place in this thread, but for sure there is some just plain old tart meanness going on..........

OldTart
Alana33
So sorry.

Another pithy retort in a long line of them which only indicates that forum discussion is way outside your realm of understanding and that anybody who questions your cut and pastes can expect zero answers and zero discussion on any subject.

Not even popcorn-worthy even if I were a popcorn eater which I'm not. No doubt that popcorn is chock full of nasties hazardous to my health anyway ...

Alana33
August 23, 2016 03:49PM

More yawns.

Thanks islandjoan.
It does get tiresome to be constantly trolled.
Hence the yawn which will probably continue to be my response to the troller since it's a waste of energy to do, elsewise

Spartygrad95
August 23, 2016 03:52PM

If only I could yawn at the nonsensical drivel I see posted here as fact.

OldTart
August 23, 2016 03:54PM

islandjoan
OK perhaps crucifying is not the best term for what is taking place in this thread, but for sure there is some just plain old tart meanness going on..........

Not at all, unless you have some deep-set pre-conceived theory dominating your logical thought. Read the thread. Questioning someone's opinion isn't "mean" by any stretch. Questions have been raised but have remained unanswered, only responded to with meaningless quips, a few personal attacks and unsuccessful attempts to avoid answering questions by divergence.

OldTart
August 23, 2016 03:58PM

Alana33
More yawns.

Thanks islandjoan.
It does get tiresome to be constantly trolled.
Hence the yawn which will probably continue to be my response to the troller since it's a waste of energy to do, elsewise

I'm sorry for your paranoia. Yawn away as that's a good escape for those unable/unwilling to answer quite logical questions.

islandjoan
August 23, 2016 04:06PM

YAAAAAAWN

Alana33
August 23, 2016 04:22PM

thinking yawn, yawn.

Spartygrad95
August 23, 2016 04:28PM

Alana, eliminating pesticides, which is in the platform of the Green Party, would by conservative estimates reduce crop yields by 30-50%. Can you explain how we will provide food for 7 billion mouths then? Also, what are your concerns about gene silencing, RNAi, and new biotechnology tools?

Alana33
August 23, 2016 04:58PM

Nope. Don't have any.
Yawn.

Spartygrad95
August 23, 2016 05:15PM

You asked me questions about RNAi, which I answered, yet you won't do the same? Wow. I just complimented you the other day for being an adult and you are being a totally petulant spoiled brat of a child now. Yawn away. I will continue to provide facts to your propaganda

OldTart
August 23, 2016 05:30PM

Spartygrad95
You asked me questions about RNAi, which I answered, yet you won't do the same? Wow. I just complimented you the other day for being an adult and you are being a totally petulant spoiled brat of a child now. Yawn away. I will continue to provide facts to your propaganda

My bet is that your young boy could come up with better and more adult responses. big grin

Alana33
August 23, 2016 06:14PM

Continue your nastiness without me Old Troll.
Done here.
YAWN!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/23/2016 06:16PM by Alana33.

CruzanIron
August 23, 2016 06:22PM

Maybe the forum moderator could just delete this entire thread since it is based on discredited science study and is also based on a Canadian standard not an accepted American study. In fact, when you look at the POISONS on the list most of them are not carcinogenic anyway and the quantities are well below the levels to poison anyone.

Spartygrad95
August 23, 2016 07:10PM

CruzanIron
Maybe the forum moderator could just delete this entire thread since it is based on discredited science study and is also based on a Canadian standard not an accepted American study. In fact, when you look at the POISONS on the list most of them are not carcinogenic anyway and the quantities are well below the levels to poison anyone.

That doesn't fit Alana's narrative though. Well at least her first one before she moved the goalposts. This is her modus operandi. She brings nothing to the table but fairy tales, conjecture, and pseudoscience, but wants us to feel bad 700 posts later about Shamu. Yawn

crazyflamingo
August 24, 2016 08:21AM

To answer 2 of the questions posted early on this thread:

"a person would have to consume approximately 75 cups of tea per day over their entire lifetime to elicit an adverse health effect"

Source: [www.cbc.ca]

Maximum Residue Levels (MRLs) of Pesticides for tea: see page 6 of 10 in this PDF released by the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations from 2015

[www.fao.org]

Hope this helps those who had questions smiling

Spartygrad95
August 24, 2016 03:30PM

So the article was exactly as most thought. Irrational fear mongering. I'm so tired of the anti science woo movement in this country. The University of Google is churning out doctorates

Join the discussion. Click the button below to Login or Register now!

Click here to login

• Blue Ocean Transport

Moving to the U.S. Virgin Islands?

Settlers Handbook
Only $17.95

The Settlers Handbook for the U.S. Virgin Islands is your guide to moving to St. Croix, St. Thomas, St. John and Water Island.

The current 18th Edition, released in January 2016, will help you explore your dream of island living. A solid reference book, it was first published in 1975. That's 40 years of helping people move to the islands. A must read. Order today.

Order Today

Advertise

Join VIMovingCenter.com Today!

Tell prospective and current residents about your business.

Learn More →

Sister Sites

VITraders

USVI Books & Souvenirs

VInow

USVI Vacation Guide

Living in de V.I.

USVI Relocation DVD

Proud Supporter

VI Olympic Team

For over 45 years, the Virgin Islands has celebrated the Olympic tradition by sending our athletes to compete.

Learn More →