Join discussions on moving to and living in the USVI, ask questions, share info & tips! (Vacationing? Visit Travel Message Board)

How was the St. Croix Get-Together

Islander
September 29, 2004 03:00PM

Hello,

Did you guys have a ball? I hope so!!

--Islander

Re: How was the St. Croix Get-Together

HipCrip
September 29, 2004 03:24PM

Islander,

It was great. Ric and Linda couldn't have suggested a better location for me -- you just can't beat hanging out with nice people at a one level, waterfront, open air restaurant on a beautiful night under a full moon.

Kelly (the HC spouse) and I were the last to arrive (we have become great believers in and practitioners ofisland time already). Needless to say, the gang spoitted us coming from a mile away. (Note to self -- must recruit more tattooed wheechair users to STX to preserve anonymity). Kelly, Kinsey (aka Eva), RockPortJohn, and Ric and Linda were already there. We shared stories (if you haven't yet, remember to get Linda to tell you about her encounter wit h the beer drinking pigs), had a terrific meal, and laughed a lot. I found everyone to be just as outgoing, nice, funny, and excited as they come across here.

We were both really glad we finally got to attend and hope to see these new old friends again. (We are brushing up our trivia skills in anticipation. *wink*)

Thanks, Islander, for creating, promoting, and faciltating these get togethers. Being able to connect with friends you've already gotten to know made our transition to STX complete.

HC and Kelly

Ric
September 29, 2004 08:56PM

Had a great time as usual. I have yet to meet in person anyone from this board that I did not like. That says something about the people on this board.

Islander
October 01, 2004 01:29AM

Glad to hear it !! happy Thanks for the review!

--Islander

rockportjohn
October 01, 2004 10:42AM

It was great. I enjoyed every minute of it. My thanks to all the people who showed up and for their great company. Thank you Islander for all your help on this board. More latter

John S. Hill

Join the discussion. Click the button below to Login or Register now!

Click here to login

• Blue Ocean Transport

Moving to the U.S. Virgin Islands?

Settlers Handbook
Only $17.95

The Settlers Handbook for the U.S. Virgin Islands is your guide to moving to St. Croix, St. Thomas, St. John and Water Island.

The current 18th Edition, released in January 2016, will help you explore your dream of island living. A solid reference book, it was first published in 1975. That's 40 years of helping people move to the islands. A must read. Order today.

Order Today

Advertise

Join VIMovingCenter.com Today!

Tell prospective and current residents about your business.

Learn More →

Sister Sites

VITraders

USVI Books & Souvenirs

VInow

USVI Vacation Guide

Living in de V.I.

USVI Relocation DVD

Proud Supporter

VI Olympic Team

For over 45 years, the Virgin Islands has celebrated the Olympic tradition by sending our athletes to compete.

Learn More →