Join discussions on moving to and living in the USVI, ask questions, share info & tips! (Vacationing? Visit Travel Message Board)

carnival

Em431
November 23, 2004 12:01AM

Hi everyone!

I 've been reading the board for a few weeks now, but this is the first time I've posted. I wanted to know what the island is like during carnival? Is it easy to find things to do/parties to go to--especially w/o a car (I figure I won't be able to find one for at least a couple weeks)? I'm moving down to stx dec 28th (to frederiksted) and have spent much time on island previously but only in the off season.

Thanks,
Em

Re: carnival

Islander
November 24, 2004 06:16PM

Hello Em,

The events around Carnival are annouced/planned - reggae night, calypso show, village opening and shows at the village. Haven't received the full schedule as yet, but traditionally these events are included. There aren't after parties or things of that sort. There will be festivities for New Years at bars/restaurants. Will be difficult without a car, you can rely on taxis though.

--Islander

Linda J
November 25, 2004 06:08AM

I believe, and someone will correct me if I'm wrong, that the carnival villiage will be in F'sted again this year. It usually roatates between the two towns. but there's a beautification project going on in C'sted.

You'll have plenty to see and do.

East Ender
November 25, 2004 09:56AM

The schedule is in the Daily News this morning- briefly:
12/30- Festival Village opens
1/5- Food Fair
1/5- Calypso Monarch
1/6- J'Ouvert
1/7- Children's Parade
1/8- Adults' Parade

Join the discussion. Click the button below to Login or Register now!

Click here to login

• Blue Ocean Transport

Moving to the U.S. Virgin Islands?

Settlers Handbook
Only $17.95

The Settlers Handbook for the U.S. Virgin Islands is your guide to moving to St. Croix, St. Thomas, St. John and Water Island.

The current 18th Edition, released in January 2016, will help you explore your dream of island living. A solid reference book, it was first published in 1975. That's 40 years of helping people move to the islands. A must read. Order today.

Order Today

Advertise

Join VIMovingCenter.com Today!

Tell prospective and current residents about your business.

Learn More →

Sister Sites

VITraders

USVI Books & Souvenirs

VInow

USVI Vacation Guide

Living in de V.I.

USVI Relocation DVD

Proud Supporter

VI Olympic Team

For over 45 years, the Virgin Islands has celebrated the Olympic tradition by sending our athletes to compete.

Learn More →