Join discussions on moving to and living in the USVI, ask questions, share info & tips! (Vacationing? Visit Travel Message Board)

Are there Scrapbooking hobbiests on the vi?

leslie
May 06, 2006 01:28PM

Sorry, dumb question. My husband accuses me of being a 50 year old woman trapped in a 22 year old's body. lol

I love to scrapbook and have stores close with classes and others who share the hobby. We meet and put our books together. Any thing like that on Stt or any other islands?

Re: Are there Scrapbooking hobbiests on the vi?

leslie
May 06, 2006 08:03PM

ya, that was a dumb question. Guess that's only a mid west hobby......

Linda J
May 06, 2006 08:07PM

Nope, there are enthusiasts here too. Travelwoman and Becky R have a group that has had at least one meeting. Unfortunately, we are on STX.

judi
May 07, 2006 06:00AM

I'm on STX, and am looking forward to my stuff arriving on the next ship from Florida. Both of my daughters are really good at it and I've been stockpiling "stuff" go go gangbusters with it. I look forward also to having "crops" to share my "stuff".

Judi
New STXer

travelwoman
May 07, 2006 09:15AM

Judi- Could we try again to get a group together?? I am about your age and love to scrapbook. Currently trying to re-do my kids baby pictures and get them out of those horrible plastic books we used then! We are also from the midwest - Kansas City. We've been on STX since last summer. I'd love to do a scrapbooking 'get-together' if anyone is up for it.

judi
May 07, 2006 09:57AM

Definitely-can't wait til my stuff gets here.
Judi

Becky R
May 07, 2006 11:49AM

Judi and Linda-

I am headed for the states next weekend and will be back on May 30 - if you think of anything you need that you didn't get ordered, let me know...you can PM me and I will give you my cell phone number. We'll be in Michigan for several days, then I'm off to Arkansas and then St. John/Virgin Gorda/Tortola/Jost for 10 days...BS (Beloved Spouse) will be in W. Palm Beach, Florida for a few days.

Just be really specific with any scrapbooking requests, since I still don't know anything about this (although I think it is pretty cool!)...but Linda, at least I will be in a place where I can ask and yes - people WILL understand my accent!

leslie
May 07, 2006 11:31PM

that's cool, do you know of anyone on stt?

leslie
May 07, 2006 11:32PM

better yet...i hate to ask...is there a hobby lobby or a Micheals around there?

travelwoman
May 08, 2006 11:46AM

Hobby Lobby or Michael's ???!!! We're lucky if we can find cardstock!

leslie
May 08, 2006 01:56PM

ew, that's not good. No craft stores at all? maybe we should open one up.....

Join the discussion. Click the button below to Login or Register now!

Click here to login

• Blue Ocean Transport

Moving to the U.S. Virgin Islands?

Settlers Handbook
Only $17.95

The Settlers Handbook for the U.S. Virgin Islands is your guide to moving to St. Croix, St. Thomas, St. John and Water Island.

The current 18th Edition, released in January 2016, will help you explore your dream of island living. A solid reference book, it was first published in 1975. That's 40 years of helping people move to the islands. A must read. Order today.

Order Today

Advertise

Join VIMovingCenter.com Today!

Tell prospective and current residents about your business.

Learn More →

Sister Sites

VITraders

USVI Books & Souvenirs

VInow

USVI Vacation Guide

Living in de V.I.

USVI Relocation DVD

Proud Supporter

VI Olympic Team

For over 45 years, the Virgin Islands has celebrated the Olympic tradition by sending our athletes to compete.

Learn More →