Join discussions on moving to and living in the USVI, ask questions, share info & tips! (Vacationing? Visit Travel Message Board)

STT CHILI COOK-OFF TOMORROW!

STT Resident
August 19, 2006 02:17PM

I'm surprised that no mention has been made about the Annual Texas Chili Cook-Off which will take place at Bolongo Bay tomorrow. It's probably one of the largest get-togethers that STT sees in one year in any one place.

Local restaurauters, individuals, politician contestants and a myriad of others set up their booths, along with some dedicated Texans who actually fly in here to get those extra points in order to qualify for the annual Grand Competition in Terlingua.

The bottom line is that nobody really gives a flying Duff about the winners. Most of us get out there to help our community which this event benefits.

So, to all of you out there, come and enjoy a really fun event tomorrow. Very much look forward to seeing you!

Re: STT CHILI COOK-OFF TOMORROW!

Rich
August 21, 2006 12:03PM

Great event! Everyone ran out of chili too quickly. I still have a fistful of tickets!

-Rich

STT Resident
August 21, 2006 12:33PM

Rich, the tickets you purchased went towards most worthy charitable causes whether you were able to use them or not! Even though many of us cook up extra batches for the crowd, you just have to be there early afternoon! Sorry you missed out on some good grub but also so happy you had a good time! Cheers, dear!

Rich
August 21, 2006 04:09PM

I did get to try your chili though! Very yummy!

I managed to try a number of them, but the body was demanding chili later on in the day.

-Rich

Join the discussion. Click the button below to Login or Register now!

Click here to login

• Blue Ocean Transport

Moving to the U.S. Virgin Islands?

Settlers Handbook
Only $17.95

The Settlers Handbook for the U.S. Virgin Islands is your guide to moving to St. Croix, St. Thomas, St. John and Water Island.

The current 18th Edition, released in January 2016, will help you explore your dream of island living. A solid reference book, it was first published in 1975. That's 40 years of helping people move to the islands. A must read. Order today.

Order Today

Advertise

Join VIMovingCenter.com Today!

Tell prospective and current residents about your business.

Learn More →

Sister Sites

VITraders

USVI Books & Souvenirs

VInow

USVI Vacation Guide

Living in de V.I.

USVI Relocation DVD

Proud Supporter

VI Olympic Team

For over 45 years, the Virgin Islands has celebrated the Olympic tradition by sending our athletes to compete.

Learn More →