Join discussions on moving to and living in the USVI, ask questions, share info & tips! (Vacationing? Visit Travel Message Board)

Halloween activities for kids

Darren Weber
October 17, 2006 04:30PM

Does anyone know if there are halloween events for kids on STX? My son (6 yrs. old) keeps asking me since back home there were all kinds of things around town for kid's to do.

Re: Halloween activities for kids

dntw8up
October 17, 2006 05:02PM

Darren,

I can't speak to STX but I know some mainlanders living on STT have an event for kids at the mall (at least they have in past years.) Trick-or-Treating isn't customary here as local culture respects the possibility of the existence of ghosts, the devil, witches etc. and locals don't want to mess with evil and the supernatural. Instead the following day, All Saint's Day, is a USVI holiday and people offer flowers to dead relatives.

jane
October 17, 2006 07:57PM

Hovensa has a great safe block party for trick or treating of all ages - you might need to know someone who lives in the housing ( or live there yourself) to get through the gate etc.
StX Country Day has a great Halloween Tailgate Party for their kids, but I have not heard of anyone going out trick or treating unless to an organized event.

Glen Providence
October 18, 2006 04:25AM

tThere is also a Halloween event being hosted by the Sunshine Mall on 10/28. Don't know much of the details.

pbmo
October 23, 2006 06:47AM

Sunday's Avis listed several Halloween activities for children. They are as follows:

Friday, October 27 from 5:00-10:00Pm at AZ Academy is their Fall Festival (Costumes encouraged with lots of children's activities.)$5 admission includes 5 game tickets & loot bag. 773-7909 for more information.

Saturday, October 28 from 1:00-5:00PM at Sunny Isle Shopping Center (Costumes encouraged for trick or treating)

Saturday, October 28 from 10:00am-6:00PM at Sunshine Mall a Halloween Carnival (Mocko Jumbies, speakers and dancers will be performing.) Lots of family activities.

Darren Weber
October 23, 2006 01:10PM

Thank you!

Join the discussion. Click the button below to Login or Register now!

Click here to login

• Blue Ocean Transport

Moving to the U.S. Virgin Islands?

Settlers Handbook
Only $17.95

The Settlers Handbook for the U.S. Virgin Islands is your guide to moving to St. Croix, St. Thomas, St. John and Water Island.

The current 18th Edition, released in January 2016, will help you explore your dream of island living. A solid reference book, it was first published in 1975. That's 40 years of helping people move to the islands. A must read. Order today.

Order Today

Advertise

Join VIMovingCenter.com Today!

Tell prospective and current residents about your business.

Learn More →

Sister Sites

VITraders

USVI Books & Souvenirs

VInow

USVI Vacation Guide

Living in de V.I.

USVI Relocation DVD

Proud Supporter

VI Olympic Team

For over 45 years, the Virgin Islands has celebrated the Olympic tradition by sending our athletes to compete.

Learn More →