Join discussions on moving to and living in the USVI, ask questions, share info & tips! (Vacationing? Visit Travel Message Board)

STJ and STT Summer Camps

bluwater
March 06, 2007 04:59PM

I've tried searching, but the forum search keeps bringing up "campus" and "camping" posts.

I know about most of the children's summer camps on STT. What about STJ? What day camps are there and which ones would you like to send your child to?

Help is most appreciated! My daughter is 9.

Re: STJ and STT Summer Camps

East Ender
March 07, 2007 07:53AM

Bluie: I don't know how to go about finding it, but VIERS (sp?) has eco-camping on St John for youngsters in the summer.

bluwater
March 07, 2007 08:44AM

Thank you, EE. I'll look into that program.

Andrea266
March 07, 2007 11:02AM

I'll second that...V.I. Ecological Research Station (VIERS), 776-6721.

Island Hopper
March 11, 2007 12:39PM

This is the info I just found in the last week for kids camps on STJ. Yes, VIERS has 3 day, 2 night sleep over camp. There is a sailing camp in Coral Bay I believe called, KATS (Kids and the Sea) #340-779-4994. Also a Surf Camp.(still working on that number). And Maho Bay Campground has a daycamp for kids...pottery, glass blowing.... #340-776-6226. I have also been told that Gift Hill School may have something available. Hope to see you at one of the many!

snorkel mom
March 13, 2007 02:48PM

Sorry for the highjack but would you know of STT daycamps that go by the week suitable for a 4.5 yearold? I thought Antilles might offer a program but I see nothing on their website. Thanks!

East Ender
March 13, 2007 04:54PM

There is usually a section in the paper in late May or early June that lists all the camps. There seem to be A LOT of them! smiling

snorkel mom
March 14, 2007 01:10PM

Thanks East Ender!

glynnswife
March 14, 2007 01:34PM

My daughter goes to VIERS every year from St. Thomas and loves it. They have four different camps during July. On St. Thomas I have found that the camp at Lutheran Church of the Reformation is great. In the morning they do academic stuff and in the afternoon they play and they have numerous field trips. They go to beaches, the water park, Coral World, the Mall, the movies, UVI. I could go on and on. And the price is very reasonable. They also have many teachers - adults per student.

Join the discussion. Click the button below to Login or Register now!

Click here to login

• Blue Ocean Transport

Moving to the U.S. Virgin Islands?

Settlers Handbook
Only $17.95

The Settlers Handbook for the U.S. Virgin Islands is your guide to moving to St. Croix, St. Thomas, St. John and Water Island.

The current 18th Edition, released in January 2016, will help you explore your dream of island living. A solid reference book, it was first published in 1975. That's 40 years of helping people move to the islands. A must read. Order today.

Order Today

Advertise

Join VIMovingCenter.com Today!

Tell prospective and current residents about your business.

Learn More →

Sister Sites

VITraders

USVI Books & Souvenirs

VInow

USVI Vacation Guide

Living in de V.I.

USVI Relocation DVD

Proud Supporter

VI Olympic Team

For over 45 years, the Virgin Islands has celebrated the Olympic tradition by sending our athletes to compete.

Learn More →