Join discussions on moving to and living in the USVI, ask questions, share info & tips! (Vacationing? Visit Travel Message Board)

Kindergarten

Thierry
August 31, 2007 01:23PM

Headmistress Gadd at The Manor School in La Grande Princesse has asked that I post this notice. The Manor School is offering traditional full day kindergarten classes starting this Fall. Parents with children who will be 5 years old by December 31, 2007 are encouraged to register today. Classes start September 4th. The full day curriculum allows more opportunity for enrichment and extended activities within the curricular framework. Students will be building a solid foundation to prepare them for the first grade. Our Kindergarten program emphasizes:
• Literacy and mathematics activities
• Solid personal and social skills
• Strong self-help skills
• Healthy work habits
• Joy for learning

Thank you.

Yvonne Leklou (Thierry's wife)

Re: Kindergarten

Yvonne
September 19, 2007 06:30PM

Here is the new phone number for the Manor School.

4236 La Grande Princesse, Christiansted, St. Croix, VI 00820 | Telephone: (340) 773-1448

There are also openings in the 1st - 3rd grades if anyone is interested.

Yvonne

Arts-N-Crafts Teacher
September 20, 2007 10:44AM

Are there any job openings at the school?

Alexandra
September 21, 2007 11:25AM

What are their tuition rates this year? That would be very helpful for families to know who are planning their move to St. Croix this year. With Country Day and Good Hope priced at $10K for middle school and older and just a couple thousand less for younger kids, Manor School and Free Will Baptist are more affordable options for new arrivals who are used to their children's educations being free in public schools on the mainland.

Yvonne
September 24, 2007 06:41AM

Alexandra,

Thank you for mentioning this. Although I don't know the current tuition rate for the elementary/lower school, I do know that it is lower than the rates asked by Country Day or Good Hope. If someone is interested, they can call the school or PM me and I will inquire.

Yvonne
September 25, 2007 08:04PM

Innovative has changed the phone number at The Manor School. The new number is 340-718-1448.

I also have an update on the tuition. For new kindergarten students starting school this year, the tuition rate is $480 a month. School is 10 months long. This is a special rate setup for our first year only.

However, the normal rate is a little higher. Unlike other private schools on St. Croix, The Manor School's normal tuition rate does not increase as the students progress to the next grade.

Join the discussion. Click the button below to Login or Register now!

Click here to login

• Blue Ocean Transport

Moving to the U.S. Virgin Islands?

Settlers Handbook
Only $17.95

The Settlers Handbook for the U.S. Virgin Islands is your guide to moving to St. Croix, St. Thomas, St. John and Water Island.

The current 18th Edition, released in January 2016, will help you explore your dream of island living. A solid reference book, it was first published in 1975. That's 40 years of helping people move to the islands. A must read. Order today.

Order Today

Advertise

Join VIMovingCenter.com Today!

Tell prospective and current residents about your business.

Learn More →

Sister Sites

VITraders

USVI Books & Souvenirs

VInow

USVI Vacation Guide

Living in de V.I.

USVI Relocation DVD

Proud Supporter

VI Olympic Team

For over 45 years, the Virgin Islands has celebrated the Olympic tradition by sending our athletes to compete.

Learn More →