U.S.V.I. residents who are United States citizens can register to vote in local elections.
- Suffrage – minimum age 18 years old.
- Registered USVI voters cannot vote for president or vice president.
- Persons voting in local U.S.V.I elections cannot vote in elections back on the mainland.
- You must be a resident to register to vote in the USVI. Residency status for voting purposes is granted after 90 days of living on island.
- Registering to vote is free. You will be required to present your social security card, a proof of citizenship in the form of a US passport of an original birth certificate.
- For more information contact the Election Office at (340) 774-3107.
Other Election Information
- Governor and lieutenant governor elected on the same ticket by popular vote for four-year terms.
- Unicameral Senate – 15 seats, members are elected by popular vote to serve two year terms.
- Political parties include Democratic Party, Independent Citizens Movement or ICM and Republican Party.