Can anyone give me any information on the new Buddhist temple on STT in Mandahl? A name and contact number would be most appreciated.
There was a story in the Daily News. If noone can answer your question, the reporter on that story lists her email address at the bottom so might be able to help:
That's the article that I found, too. I was hoping that someone from this board might have attended the New Year festival and could point me in the right direction. I did find a phone listing for temple founder May Trieu listed in the phone book. She has an acupuncture and oriental medicine practice-715-2700. I will start there.
keep us updated please suzanne!
I'm sorry that I cannot answer your question about the temple, but I would like to say WOW!!! That is a really interesting, beautiful, and impressive structure!!!! I have not been inside, but I have enjoyed looking at it from afar.
Please let us know if you find anything out. I would really love to visit the temple one day and see what it looks like inside.
I just called the number and it has been changed, the new number is 714-2700. I spoke at length with May Trieu and here is the run down:
1) The website is under construction but there are some excellent photos to check out: http://www.nirvanatemple.org/
2) There was a Full Moon meeting yesterday that we missed 🙁
3) On Saturday, April 14th from 4:45-5:45 PM there will be a Tai Chi teaching session conducted by the Monk in residence, a $10 donation is requested.
4) On Sunday, April 22nd, there will be an all-day workshop covering Tai Chi, Meditation, Yoga, Qigong, massage, etc. and includes a vegetarian lunch. Donation is $100, or pay what you can.
5) There is a children's meditation group that is in the process of forming and will last approximately one hour each week after school. The first meeting should be in 2 weeks. More info. to follow.
May stressed that they do not worship a God, but worship love and compassion. I am very interested in learning more about the Buddhist philosophy and I could really use some peace in my life.
What timing Suzanne!
My hubby was just there yesterday!
He said the Buddha being crafted by the visiting monk is gorgeous.
We know some practicing Buddhists who are very involved with the construction of Nirvana. if you are interested, feel free to PM me.
BTW, May is superb at acupuncture and I suspect that even one session with her will bring some of the peace you seek?
I was a bit bummed out when I heard that I just missed the meeting yesterday but at least I can look forward to the 14th. I will PM you, it looks like they may need some help with the website? I don't know if I need acupuncture just yet. I would like to start with learning some meditation techniques and meeting others that are like-minded, supportive and on a spiritual path.
Wow, an acupuncturist, huh? I'll file that bit of info away. Thanks for posting about it.
What a beautiful sculpture! Thanks for the link. There will be a children's meditation group (parents also allowed) meeting this Saturday from 4-5 PM. I really hope to make it but my daughter is on the swim team and they have a meet tomorrow on STX. We'll see how the time works out.