Clear all

Drivers License

Posts: 13
Active Member
Topic starter

I have a Commercial Drivers License from the States. If I trade my license's in for a Virgin Islands one will I get all my endorsements of a class B. Commercial.

Posted : October 11, 2016 10:00 pm
Posts: 8867
Illustrious Member

here is the phone number

Posted : October 12, 2016 10:52 am
Posts: 12366
Illustrious Member

Best to call Motor Vehicle Dept., directly.
340-774-4268 STT

Posted : October 12, 2016 10:54 am
Posts: 3030

Hi Ernie,

Was at DMV and remembered your question so asked about it. They gave me a flyer "Policy on Heavy Equipment Operators License (E)". I am not sure its the same as what you are asking about but that is what I was given. And here is what it says:

"In order for a driver to qualify for a Class E, Heavy Equipment License, that individual must meet or possess the following:
a. Be at least 18 years old
b. Have a favorable traffic record check
c. possess a heavy equipment license for at least one year
d. have at least 2 years driving experience
e. get a certified letter from the manager/president of the company the individual is employed with, stating the longevity of operating a heavy equipment vehicle
f. business license
g. for self employed individuals, the certified letter may be done by the operator"

The person that helped me added as a tip: if someone moving to the VI possesses a license from elsewhere with special classes that do not apply or exists in the Virgin Islands, then it would be best to consider keeping their existing license with all the special classes. And then start over in the VI by taking the driving test and getting a regular license. If a special class license is transferred in the VI and the classes don't exists then you will end up with a regular license with no indication of any special classes.

Thank you for using to help with your planning.

Posted : November 21, 2016 7:03 pm
Search this website Type then hit enter to search
Close Menu