house fire cotton valley stx?
heard there was a house fire overnight at a house on East End Road? Anyone know if this is true?
We didn't see anything or smell any burning and that's right around the corner from us? Have not heard anything today. If it's true I hope everyone is okay.
There was a house on fire. Everyone is okay. The dog downstairs woke up one of the renters. Fire and police responded. This morning the Fire department said they would be back with more water but never did. I heard a few minutes ago that the fire started again and it took two 911 calls before there was a response. Ridiculous.
Just found it - #9 Cotton Valley Shores, which is a ways from us. The Grogan's house.
And I just heard apparently it is still burning? But everyone okay. House a total loss.
Glad to hear no one was hurt.
It started about 4 AM, the FD was there shortly after. I passed by at 7AM. The main house was severely damaged, the rental apartments seemed OK. I was told it began in an electrical device and the occupants weren't home at the time.
so sorry to hear about this.
Good ting the Dog woke someone up!
It is the Wilson-Glah house, not Grogan.
I heard from their neighbor and Chris Hanley that it was the Grogards? (sorry for earlier typo). A family of three and two single guys? But I don't know any of them. What I do know is it burned to the ground and they are going to need help,
They must all be renters; I believe the owners live off Island.
Didn't Thomas and Jolene sell the house?
Saw smoke yest afternoon.
Wonder what the renters need?
Dixie Chick----Pretty sure they did not; there is an old listing on the MLS that expired in 2008 that still shows them as the owners.
Chris said that the house next door is up for rent also so they may be able to just move over there.
Personal items they need are everything from toiletries to clothes to food. The Red Cross has set up to help them, if anyone wants to make donations.