We’ve been going back and for for over a decade, but just completed two years living here full-time. Adjustments are necessary and learning new thing happens on a regular basis.
This morning I learned that ants are impervious to microwaves. How did I learn this?
When I first get up in the morning, I’m not exactly firing on all eight cylinders. I had a leftover mug of coffee in the fridge, and with blurry eyes, gently placed it in the microwave for 3 minuets. As it hummed away on its normal high setting, I pulled back the curtains on the north facing windows. I performed my usual inspection of Buck Island, which everyone will be happy to hear, is still in perfectly pristine condition.
After the microwave alerted me with its customary three beeps, I went to retrieve my life regenerating, mystically wonderful mug of Java. That’s when I noticed three ants crawling around inside my microwave...