St. Thomas Questions
I am moving to St. Thomas Next month and had a few questions that came to mind that were not clear to me in the handbook.
1. Are federal taxes withheld from your paycheck? or are Social security and Medicare the only federal deductions?
2. Are the same weights and measurements in the mainland used in the USVI
(ie: ounces, Miles, Pounds, etc.)?
3. What Bank is most common on STT with the most branches and ATMs? Scotiabank, Banco Popular, Citibank, Chase, 1st bank of Puerto Rico, or 1st Virgin Islands Savings?
Any info would be helpful.
1. Federal tax, Social Security and Medicare are the three deductions from your pay check.
2. Same weights and mesures.
3. Banco Popular, Scotia and First VI all have about the same number of branches - about 5 branches each bank, some in the same areas like Tutu Park area, town... Banco Popular has a branch in Red Hook, First VI and Scoita in Havensight... so from those three banks you can see which works best for you.
All the best with your move.