Construction Manager Needed
This is an exciting opportunity to join an established company that works with Federal contractors and has positions open throughout the country. APSI has been supporting the mission of the National Park Services for over 10 years and currently we are seeking a Construction Manager to act as the owner’s agent in support of the Replace Wharf Bulkhead and Repair Wharf project at Christiansted National Historic Site in St. Croix, USVI. The project involves the construction of a new 500 linear foot, cantilever steel sheet pile bulkhead and 200 linear foot cast-in-place concrete bulkhead, including repairs to the existing concrete wharf apron and installation of a new concrete topping course on the apron. The project involves strict compliance with permit requirements and environmental and cultural resource protection mitigation measures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain excellent relationships with clients, building occupants, architects/engineers, and contractors;
- Manage and coordinate inspection staff;
- Manage project schedule from inception to close out;
- Lead project job-site meetings;
- Review contractor work in place to ensure compliance with plans and specifications;
- Review and approve of contractor monthly requisitions and invoices;
- Efficient change order management and cost control;
- Report on project issues and providing status updates;
- Perform other duties as may be required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Effective leadership for managing field staff and mentoring field staff;
- Ability to take charge and effectively manage contractors to meet project schedule;
- Knowledge of OSHA safety regulations with 10HR OSHA Safety card;
- The ability to work well with others, and willingness to learn in a team environment;
- Strong computer skills, experience with Windows Office and construction management software.
- Minimum of ten years of construction experience serving as a Construction Manager, Construction Management Representative, Owner’s Representative or Construction Superintendent.
- Experience with similar projects involving the installation of cast-in-place concrete piers and steel shoring for marine construction projects and strict compliance with federal and EPA regulations.
- Knowledge and experience working with federal Government Project Managers/CORs on project costs and budgets, processing change requests, requests for information, submittals, and field observation reports.
- Experience using construction management software (Procore, Primavera, etc.) to communicate construction progress and process documentation and MS Excel or related cost estimating software to develop Independent Cost Estimates for change order negotiations and ability to evaluate contractor provided construction CPM schedules, including logic and sequencing.
- Experience at managing schedules, risk management, and constructability risks in a highly visible location with sensitive natural and cultural resources.
- Experience reviewing engineering designs, contractor shop drawings and/or vendor specifications and plans, or similar, to determine constructability and practicality of proposed work and adherence to established standards and requirements.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Architectural or Construction Management.
- Engineering in Training (EIT), Registered Profession Engineer (PE) or Certified Construction Manager (CCM).
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) 30-hour construction safety training.
- Familiarity with federal policies and procedures, including the National Park Service.
LET ME KNOW IF YOU ARE INTERESTED!!!