Studio Apt, STX, Tr...
Clear all

Studio Apt, STX, Transitional living*

Advanced Member

Hello there. I will be completing two two volumes on autism spectrum disorders over the next 18 months. As such, I will be home much of the time, and have a studio apartment open (will be ready around March 15). As I have assisted young adults (18-21+) with learning independent living skills for the past two and a half decades, I would like to let folks know that this is available for this purpose.

In a therapeutic sense, I have worked with people with almost all defined disorders and have a master's degree in individual and social rehabilitation. I am hoping that this opportunity may be of benefit to someone on STX.

Apartment: Studio with single bed, desk, table for eating, bureau, full kitchen, all appropriate safety measures and a bathroom with shower and front patio are included. Utils included in rent. $650 per month, and when the A/C goes live, $725 per month.

Skills training can include:

-Implementation of structure for optimal independence
-School to school or work transition
-Progress eval and /or assessment and basically, whatever is determined as needed based on an initial assessment.

This has been brought to the attention of the Department of Human Services. As such, you can either PM me, or contact the Department of H.S. Transition services are in addition to rent, but in the event of autism spectrum disorders and some others, insurance may pay for the services.

I hope this may be of benefit to you or someone you know. I do have people who would like to rent it, however I would much prefer to have a transitional living situation manifest on the island of STX.

All the best to you,

Dan G, MRC
Christiansted, VI

Topic starter Posted : March 20, 2010 9:56 am
Advanced Member

I'm not really clear what your saying. Are you saying you would like to rent to someone in the Human Service Field and have them work for you or rent to a person with Autism themselves. Can u clarify this please?

Thank you,


Posted : March 20, 2010 10:23 pm
Advanced Member

I am sorry I was not more clear, so thank you. It is for someone with Autism or similar level of disorder where independent living is possible, but the transition to learn those skills never took place. So yes, it is for a person with autism, HDHD, TBI, ABI, other.

All the best,


Topic starter Posted : March 21, 2010 6:09 pm
Search this website
Close Menu