Clear all

Filing Taxes

Posts: 39
Eminent Member
Topic starter

I know others have asked on here, but just wanted to clarify...

If i lived on STX for the whole year (2006) and employed only there, I file just for USVI correct... I believe the Form 8969 or something ? Is this as an attachment to the normal 1040 so that the money is allocated to VI federal funds?

Any info would be helpful.

Posted : February 22, 2007 5:52 pm
Posts: 0
New Member

As far as I know, please VERIFY. You pay your taxes in the USVI, using the same form as stateside.
It is between the USVI internal revenue and federal internal revenue on how the money is allocated to the USVI funds. That is all out of your control.
What I am sure of:
I HIGHLY suggest taking your completed return to the internal revenue office and have them stamp a copy that way
you have proof of turning in your return! They do loose returns and then come back and say you never
turned it in....and how do you argue it got lost in the mail OR you lost it?...yea, right ... than you are S_ _ _ up a creek!!

Posted : February 23, 2007 2:18 pm
Posts: 532
Honorable Member

Just to make it a little clearer - you have to take your own copy of your return for them to stamp - they don't make copies for you. It is a really good piece of advice to get proof of filing.

Posted : February 24, 2007 1:54 am
Search this website Type then hit enter to search
Close Menu