Oh my God I am ready to move
Honestly have been trying for over a year now to get a job on one of the islands. I am not picky! What does one do to get one?!
Really only specialized skill jobs recruit from off island. What kind of *job* are you looking for?
It is likely to find work if you are here - it takes a substantial financial commitment to get established here, housing and transportation costs can easily take over $10K immediately.
Are you looking at it all realistically? Service jobs can be easily found if living here but may not be especially lucrative, it is a fairly expensive cost of living.
If you are looking for professional positions a PMV would be worth it to explore your field for opportunities, with interviews and persistence - very few places will offer moving assistance and few are even willing to offer a position to somebody who may never follow through on a timely basis to move here.
Which Island? have you spent much time here? Your question is a very common one but only general information can be offered on this forum unless you have more specific questions after doing some research on a particular field of employment. Good Luck, keep planning ahead. Save plenty of $ in the meantime.
EDIT: I just looked through the posts from last year, you got good information back then, what kind of follow through has been the result?
· General plumbing experience
· General electrical experience
· General knowledge of concrete structures and special needs
· Ability to effectively communicate with local workers
· Ability to communicate well with tenants
A plus but not required
· HVAC experience
· Prior experience maintaining a multi-unit property
· Experience with pool maintenance including saltwater chlorinator
· Onsite caretaker apartment possible
· Background screening required
· Must provide professional references to verify skills
Email resume to email@example.com