Peace Corps School on STT
Above Magen’s Bay, there is a sign for “Peace Corps School.”
One web site refers to “Yvonne E. Milliner Bowsky Elementary School (formerly Peace Corps Elementary School)”
Another reference: “Camp Acosta (1942 - 1944) was located four miles northeast of Charlotte Amalie. It later became a Peace Corps school.”
Does anyone know the history of this school? Did it ever have any connection with the US Peace Corps? Or maybe it was named in honor of Peace Corps?
(Anyone else out there a Returned Peace Corps Volunteer? Maybe we can start a branch.)
Yes, when the Peace Corps was here in the 60s, that was the location that was used.