looks Like Crucians will be having a fun Pirate Day!
- Pirate Invasion - Pirates will come ashore and take the keys to Frederiksted from Lt. Gov. Gregory Francis, 11 a.m. to noon at the Clock Tower in Frederiksted.
- Pirate luncheon - 12:30 to 2:30 p.m. at Beach Side Café.
- Costumed pub crawl - 3 to 6 p.m. at various Frederiksted pubs, including Blue Moon, Pier 69, Lost Dog and Freedom City Surf.
- Axe-throwing demonstration - 6 p.m. at Coconuts on the Beach.
- Pirate costume contest - 7 p.m. at Coconuts on the Beach.
- Underwater Treasure Hunt - 9 a.m. at Cane Bay Dive Club.
- Kayak and stand-up paddleboard races - 9 a.m. at Fort Frederik Beach.
- Pirate Trial - 2 p.m. at the Clock Tower in Frederiksted.
- Grand Pirate Ball - 7 p.m. at Pirate's Tavern Salt River.
Here's the link to the DN article: http://virginislandsdailynews.com/news/st-croix-braces-for-pirate-invasion-1.1494832
Let us know how much fun it is!;)
I hope pirates don't mind a little rain.
I think it was poor judgment to try to establish a new annual festival-type event on the same weekend as ReefJam's 6th year which is fast becoming a Memorial Day weekend tradition. Why not do it at a different time and have an additional weekend when people are drawn out to Frederiksted? The fact that there are no activities planned for Monday means that it could have been planned for any weekend.
I hope it works out for everyone and I'm so happy that effort is being put forth to bring things like this to the island. I also hope that the two events don't end up competing with each other for attendance.